How Are We Different From Conventional Veterinary Practices?
- Proper nutrition: raw or homemade diet and a variety of natural pet food.
- Limited amount of vaccinations using split and killed vaccines when available. For adult dogs, we recommend to give rabies vaccinations only every 3 years as a routine vaccination. We offer vaccination titers to test for protection against distemper, parvovirus and bordatella.
- For treating diseases, we use gentle methods that stimulate the body to heal itself, e.g. homeopathy, reiki, acupuncture, massage and chiropractic.
- When needed, we use nutritional supplements to support the immune system, and chinese or western herbs.
- We reserve antibiotics or other conventional medicine as a last resort or for treating life threatening conditions.
- We perform spays, neuters and skin surgery/lump removals with the minimum amount of sedation necessary and the maximum amount of care.
- We make sure that our clients are very involved with the health of their pets. This team effort is the key to our success.